While we hope you and your pet never have an emergency, the Creekside emergency veterinary team is always here and ready to assist you in case of the unexpected. The last thing you need to worry about is finding someone to care for your pet right away—that’s why we’re available 24/7.
Our veterinarians and staff are here to put your mind at ease as much as possible while providing prompt and attentive care to your pet.
Emergency services we can provide include:
- 24-hour diagnostic capabilities (in-house lab, X-ray, ultrasound)
- 24-hour critical care ICU
- 24-hour surgical capabilities
- Veterinary staff available 24/7
- Specialist consultation available if needed
How Do I Know If It’s an Emergency?
Dogs and cats are instinctively reluctant about showing signs of illness, pain, and weakness. Therefore, pet emergencies are not always as obvious as they might seem. In addition to common emergencies like hemorrhaging, hit by a car, etc., we also recommend contacting us or walking in for any of the following situations:
- Difficulty breathing (labored breathing, wheezing, gasping, gagging)
- Recurrent vomiting/diarrhea
- Has gone 24 hours or more without eating and drinking
- Bleeding from nose, ears, or rectum
- Acting listless, lethargic, and/or disoriented
- Ingested a foreign body
- Ingested a known toxin/poison
- Got attacked by another animal
- Collapse/loss of consciousness
- Sitting unmoving with head pressed against the wall
- Signs of serious pain (crying, whimpering, shaking, hunched posture)